Read: Key facts on S Pass
The first step to check the authenticity of the in-principle approval letter is that an application is actually submitted to the relevant authorities for the pass to be issued.
Processing time: within 3 weeks. Some cases will take more time.
To submit an application:
- Get a written consent to apply for S Pass from the candidate.
- Log in to EP Online to fill out the application and upload the required documents.
- Pay the $75 fee for each application. You can pay by GIRO, VISA, MasterCard or eNets Debit.
- Check your application status after 3 weeks. It may take longer if additional information is required.
- If the pass is approved, log in to EP Online and print the in-principle approval (IPA) letter.
Send the pass holder’s copy of the IPA to the candidate. It has a pre-approved single-entry visa for the candidate to enter Singapore.
The IPA gives you 60 days to bring the candidate to Singapore and get the pass issued. It also states if the candidate needs to go for a medical examination, which can be done after arrival in Singapore.
Once the card the issued it can be inspected by doing the following:
- Check that the photo matches the pass holder.
- Inspect the two holographic lenses: One should reflect the pass holder’s image. The other, when tilted at an angle, should show: FIN for Employment Pass holders Work pass number for Work Permit or S Pass holders
- Check that the pass card matches the design of the MOM issued passes.
- Check that the details on the card matches the pass holder’s original passport.
How to check validity
For new cards with a QR code, you can use the SGWorkPass app on your mobile phone to scan the QR code for pass expiry date and other details.